Stress can be a huge factor in ones health, especially with a digestive condition. Research shows stress negatively impacts our microbiota and harms our ability to digest food and regulate the immune system.
I just saw the following list of 10 commandments for reducing stress in our lives and found it to be a great reminder. I try to follow all of these but it can be difficult at times. I’m glad there’s a list such as this to remind me how to treat myself right.
10 Commandments for Reducing Stress in Your Life
- Thou Shalt Not Be Perfect, Or Even Try To Be
- Thou Shalt Not Try To Be All Things To All People.
- Thou Shalt Sometimes Leave Things Undone That Ought To Be Done.
- Thou Shalt Not Spread Thyself Too Thinly.
- Thou Shalt Learn To Say No.
- Thou Shalt Schedule Time For Thyself And Thy Supportive Network.
- Thou Shalt Switch Off And Do Nothing Regularly.
- Thou Shalt Be Boring, Untidy, Inelegant, and Unattractive At Times.
- Thou Shalt Not Even Feel Guilty.
- Especially, Thou Shalt Not Be Thine Own Worst Enemy But Be Thine Own Best Friend.